I had been fascinated with software ever since I learned about them in middle school. I kept telling my family that I would build a successful one someday and buy my parents a house. That would earn me laughs and condescending pats on my back because many people thought that it was more than a babble than a life goal. Thus, I surprised everyone when I turned my computer project in college into a startup company.
Getting the funding to make it all happen was not as challenging as I thought. I was lucky to have professors who believed in my work, and they connected me to their friends in the business world. I also got to present my software at various conventions. It was pretty nerve-wracking, but I learned that the key was to know your process well, and the money would follow suit.
Of course, making and updating the software could not be a one-man job forever, so I selected a few college buddies to be my partners. That was the smartest decision I made because they helped me bring out the software’s bigger potential. More importantly, they had connections of their own, so it became easier to advertise our output to a bigger audience. After some time, our business could no longer fit in my condo – we had to move into a small building and get more workers for different tasks.
That’s When Problems Started To Come
In all fairness, leasing a building for my company’s needs was not the trickiest part. I was surprised by the number of entrepreneurs who offered their property to me. What’s problematic was finding reliable staff to do accounting, secretarial, maintenance, and other jobs.
My partners and I were pretty young and admittedly naïve back then. Despite hearing multiple suggestions from our parents and friends that we should look for an employment agency to handle the hiring process, we said, “Relax, guys. We can take care of it on our own.” Hence, we spent an entire weekend planning our job ad, precisely where they should be posted, how we could filter the applicants, what we should ask, etc.
After a month, we already had three employees. We based our decision on their years of experience, education, and how well they answered work-related questions. They all had a pleasant aura, too, until one of my partners asked his secretary to repeat a letter she sent because it was not formal enough. The secretary became defensive and raised her voice immediately, shocking everyone. It happened twice in her first week, so I had to let her go.
Two weeks later, I asked the new accountant to show me the books to see our financial progress. He nodded, so I expected it on my table in the afternoon. When I asked about it, he asked me to give him until the morning. It put me off, but I gave him a chance. When the next morning came – and passed – I went to his desk to find out what’s wrong. I found out that the man only started doing the books when I inquired about them. I sent him packing that day, too.
My last hope was the junior developer. I mostly got him to make our website and take that off our plate. When I asked about it, he merely snubbed me. That was unacceptable, considering I was technically his boss. I peered behind his shoulder and was appalled to see that he was too busy watching someone undress on his phone. Like the other two, I fired that perverted guy.
Stumbling Across An Online Psych Evaluation
Without any employee, my business partners and I brainstormed again how we could be better people to work with. Then, one day, one of them went to the office and said, “Maybe we should use an online psychological evaluation. I saw an article about it when I was browsing the internet last night.” We gave it a try, for sure, but not before we tried to discover everything about it.
Can you cheat a psychological evaluation?
Technically, yes, you can cheat a psychological evaluation. The evaluation will not call you out for writing down what you think is the best answer to every question. However, no one can ever remember all their lives forever. If the psychologist asks you to retake the same psych evaluation, you may end up getting caught.
Keep in mind that lying is a symptom of various mental disorders.
What is included in a psychological evaluation?
You may find the following in a psychological evaluation:
- Clinical interview
- Informal tests
- Norm-referenced tests
Are online mental health tests accurate?
The answer is yes and no. Yes, online mental health tests can be accurate, especially if authorities have developed them in the psychological industry. However, they can also be inaccurate if you end up taking free online tests.
How can you fail a psychological test?
In reality, failing – or passing – a psychological test is relatively unheard of, considering you merely want to figure out your mental health status. Such tests are not like what you get at schools that the teachers need to grade, even though the question types may be similar. Instead, it will give psychologists objective documentation to interpret as they analyze your mental condition.
How do I pass a psychological evaluation for child custody?
Here are a few tips if you want to pass a psychological evaluation for child custody:
- Talk to your attorney. Assuming they have handled custody cases for years, they already know what questions may show up. Thus, asking them about the evaluation will genuinely help you prepare for the questions.
- Keep in mind that the psychological evaluator is an objective party. They will only be there to provide the assessment and answer some clarifying questions, but they won’t tell you the correct answers.
- Show honesty. A psych evaluation will not be graded with As, Bs, Cs, or Ds, but it will help psychologists assess if you have a stable mind or not.
- Prepare for evaluation day. Considering you need to go to a psychologist’s clinic, you should arrive ahead of time and clear your schedule. This way, your mind will be free from clutter, and you can answer the questions quickly.
- In case the psychologist decides to evaluate your house, you should do a thorough cleaning beforehand. The reason is that you want to leave a lasting positive impression on the evaluator. If they think you live in a sketchy, unkept place, the evaluation may not end well.
- Stay positive about the whole thing. It may be a nerve-wracking experience, but if the evaluator sees that you are an optimistic person, your chances of passing the valuation will be high.
- Avoid ranting to the evaluator regarding your relationship issues. They do not care about that – they are only present because of your child.
- Learn how to cooperate. You may find some questions intrusive, but you should still answer them truthfully. Remember that the evaluator is not there to judge you – they are merely doing their job.
What are the five signs of mental illness?
- You try to isolate yourself from everyone as much as possible.
- You experience extreme changes in your sleeping or eating habits.
- When you feel sad or irritated, it may last for hours or days.
- It does not take much to alter your mood.
- Your head is always filled with things to be anxious or worried about.
How long does it take for a psychological evaluation?
It does not take long to take a psychological evaluation. In truth, many people can get it done in approximately 20 minutes, although others may need 90 minutes to finish it. The testing time is solely dependent on how fast the individual understands the questions.
What questions are asked in a psychological evaluation?
The questions that will appear in a psychological evaluation are meant to assess a person’s mental condition. Some of the questions may focus on how a person reacts when they face a particular issue, what they think of when they meet a challenge, or how they resolve a problem. Others may be a reiteration of similar questions, aiming to figure out if the individual will answer in the same way.
How do I pass a psychological evaluation for law enforcement?
- Clear your mind. Though taking a psychological evaluation for law enforcement seems like a daunting task, you should not let it get to your nerves. Otherwise, you may forget how to answer things correctly.
- Prepare for the exam. Get enough sleep, eat a healthy meal before going to the testing site, and ensure that all your test paraphernalia is with you.
- Ask the test evaluator to clarify specific questions. It is not a crime to ask questions, as long as you do not ask for an answer outright.
- Maintain honesty in every answer. Unlike regular psychological tests, though, you may pass or fail a psych evaluation for law enforcement.
Why would someone need a psych evaluation?
A psychological evaluation is primarily necessary before a psychologist can provide a diagnosis to a patient. That is especially true if they show depression, addiction, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and anxiety. After all, it presents the following goals:
- Make the patient aware of their current mental health status
- Ensure that they are dealing with a specific mental disorder
- Figure out what underlying symptoms may come to the surface later
- Support the psychologist’s initial diagnosis
- Assess if the current treatment is still applicable to the patient
What can I expect from a psychological evaluation?
When you get a psychological evaluation, you can expect the psychologist to utilize different techniques to assess your mental health status. The most common – and most straightforward – type is a clinical interview, in which you will visit their office and talk to the psychologist regarding your issues. However, they may also ask you to answer questionnaires or provide your medical records.
While questionnaires often appear during a psychological evaluation, you need not worry about failing the tests. In truth, there is no pass or fail in a psychological evaluation. The psychologist merely wants to gauge your mental health through an objective tool such as a questionnaire. As long as you answer everything honestly, a diagnosis may come soon enough.
How do you answer psychological test questions?
If you want to get reliable psychological test results, you should do the following:
- Skim through the test questions once. You should figure out how many questions you need to answer and what type of questions are there. This way, you can prepare yourself for it mentally.
- Avoid rushing to answer every question. Keep in mind that you are doing this for your mental health – not to get an A in class. You need not ace it – the psychologist will only expect you to answer everything truthfully.
- Try not to jump from one question to another. This strategy only works at school. If you are answering psychological tests, it will most likely make you forget to answer some questions. Thus, the test may become inaccurate or invalid.
- Feel free to use the elimination technique for questions that you don’t understand. However, it does not mean that you should make guesses on every question. If you have already read the question a few times and still cannot figure out the answer, that’s when this tip will be acceptable to use.
Are psychological tests accurate?
Yes, psychological tests are accurate. In truth, courts and other institutions rely on psychological tests to assess a person’s mental health. Experts also deem it as reliable as medical reports.
Our hiring process became smooth sailing because of that online psychological evaluation – and the psychologist we hired to assess the truth in the applicants’ replies. Those with reasonable answers got called back for a face-to-face interview, but we also saw responses that we could never see. Fast forward to 2021; we already have 20 full-time employees who always put the company’s best interest ahead of anything and everything. We could undoubtedly not ask for more.